This struck me as I was trolling through my Google Reader last night. I thought I would repost it, would love to hear your thoughts. It is from a blog called The Blazing Center.
Christians are not united by…
- Homeschooling, public school, or private school.
- Republicanism or liberalism.
- Capitalism, environmentalism, or socialism.
- Continuation of the gifts of the Spirit or cessation of the gifts of the Spirit.
- Infant baptism or believer’s baptism.
- Calvinist theology or Arminian theology.
- Drinking alcohol or not drinking alcohol.
- Praise choruses or hymns.
- Being artsy or being intellectual.
- Vaccinating or not vaccinating your kids.
We are united by…
- Jesus Christ and him crucified.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.(Galatians 3:28)
How often do I allow my own personal convictions, opinions, political views, or personality to divide me from the family of faith that God has established? I have slandered, judged, argued with and avoided those that don’t share my same non-essential opinions. God forgive me, may what unites me to others (Jesus) be stronger that what divides me (myself).
Jesus said that the world will know that we are His followers by our love for one another. (John 13:35) How well our we loving each other? How does the world know that we are Christians? Probably more for what we are against, than what we stand for. Probably more for what we hate than how well we love.